IFRS 9 Finance Manager
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ IFRS 9 Finance Manager, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The role will require a person who can analyse complex data sets and validate that financial reporting is in line with IFRS 9 requirements. The role holder will need a good knowledge of the various elements of IFRS 9 as well as previous experience. The work will have a particular focus on the validation of the result of impairment calculations with requirements, product system data inputs and assumptions.
The role holder will be required to engage with the global IFRS 9 global program, Finance, Finance Change, IT, Risk and other stakeholders as required. The role will require a proactive approach who can challenge the status quo and drive the change.
The role holder will be expected to implement new reporting process and assist with the data and systems and separation for Ring fencing of the retail bank from other banking activities. Individual will need to prepare ad-hoc information required by senior management therefore great communication and time management skills are required.
The successful candidate will be a post graduate and will have the following:
- ACA or similar qualifications
- Good knowledge of IFRS 9 reporting and accounting requirements
- Comprehensive banking product knowledge, including IFRS accounting treatment for banking products
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- An understanding or experience of the Banks ledger reporting system (currently FTP) and the statutory reporting systems (i.e. Saracen) is desirable but not essential.
Closing dates for applications 13th July