Senior Software Engineer - JAVA, LAMP, PHP
I am in the market for an experienced Principle Developer/Senior Software Engineer and you will have some steer on the business but with no line management responsibilities. You need to be strong with Java or PHP.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide expert software engineering advise and coaching within the Domain
- Lead detailed design sessions
- Ensure technical delivery risks are addressed as early as possible within delivery schedules, through technical spikes and proof of technologies
- Inspect and review the work of the team providing governance of engineering principles
- Review and adapt processes and standards and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Continuously improve quality of products.
- Leads in the refinement of requirements and solution architecture to eliminate ambiguity, conflict & duplication.
- Leads the assigned domain at design governance meetings
- Identify opportunities to address waste including addressing technical debt, inefficient development processes and opportunities for automation.
- Contribute to planning, including sizing, prioritisation and capacity plans.
- Set the bar for quality within the Domain, never compromising engineering discipline
- Expert knowledge with an object orientated language and be willing to work with the LAMP stack and or Java
- Hand experience of implementing many design patterns
- Excellent understanding of numerous application frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of applications servers including JBoss and Messaging
- Expert knowledge of programming concepts including object oriented programming, TDD\BDD, CMS, virtualization\containerization, API Gateways, ReST and Continuous Delivery.
- Expert knowledge of relational databases including querying and setting up of test data
- Experience with cloud and on premise infrastructure concepts
- In depth knowledge of Atlassian Suite tools (Confluence and Jira) or similar toolset.
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE Programmer
- Full stack software development experience
- Expert knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend)
- A keen advocate of agile best practice including CI\CD, TDD, BDD, Pair Programming and clean code.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/81875472