Offshore Engineering Design Manager
Job Title: Offshore Engineering Design Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Location: East Anglia
The Green Recruitment Company is currently working with a business who specialise in innovation within offshore solutions. The successful individual will have multi-functional experience in design engineering and have expertise in working with structural/finite element software packages. The role also requires someone who is comfortable dealing with the commercial and technical aspects of project delivery.
• Provide specialist technical advice to all parts of the company undertaking mechanical and structural calculations and FEA
• Line management ensuring understanding on the projected effect of actions at tactical and strategic level
• Provide design expertise to the design team in support of project delivery
• Use written and oral fluency to convey information both internally and externally
• Contribute and input in the promotion of the company with project related or technical articles
• Understand the needs of the clients and proactively build longevity to relationships
• Participate in design reviews, updating project activity through the full project process
• Mentor and develop junior design engineers
• To perform and check the calculations using relevant software models, having the ability to use Autocad, Solidworks, MathCad, and Ansys
• Having the commercial acumen to support technical sales and develop review design solutions, in support of company proposals.
• Experience with drilling rigs and drilling activities
• Experience with subsea equipment and subsea engineering
• Experience with topside structures, process and piping equipment.
• Experience with offshore lifts and lifting equipment
• Strong IT skills Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Mechanical / Structural drafting
• Proficiency in pressure vessel design, lifting equipment, sea fastening, piping (process), strong materials understanding, welding processes /engineering, fabrication & manufacturing techniques and corrosion & cathodic protection systems.
• A minimum HND in design engineering with experience in the offshore industry
• Chartered engineer with structural and mechanical design in the offshore environment
• 2:1 in Engineering (Mechanical / Civil /Structural)
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0044 (0) 203 640 2130