Central Employment are delighted to be working with an award-winning full service agency as they look to appoint a Middleweight Copywriter, joining an established and experienced Creative team based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Reporting into the Head of the dept, the ideal candidate will have circa 2 yrs experience, gained within a busy agency setting or in-house, writing engaging copy for multiple brands across all main platforms and offline channels.
Purpose of the Middleweight Copwriter:
As a Middleweight Copywriter you are responsible for the creation and development of strong concepts and persuasive, engaging and accurate copy that, together, help solve communication and business problems for the agency’s clients. You are fluent in tailoring your ideas, voices and messages, whether it’s to flex across a broad media mix or bespoke to specific channels including TV and video, radio, print, digital and direct marketing, mobile applications, web and social. Your writing helps set the standard for the agency and furthers its reputation for creativity and effectiveness.
You work as part of a wider team to deliver exciting, adventurous solutions. This team can include art directors, designers, digital designers, the creative director, account managers, planners, production staff and clients. In addition you liaise externally with partners in TV and radio production.
Responsibilities of the Middleweight Copwriter:
- Understanding clients’ business and communication needs
- Agreeing and understanding the key proposition and creative brief
- Understanding the target audience and proposed media
- Creating and developing original copy that solves the client’s business problem and delights the client
- Presenting ideas to internal and client teams for approval and development and writing all copy from concept to execution
- Responding to client and research feedback and continuing to fine-tune work until final approval stage
- Sourcing appropriate voiceover talent and production facilities for radio, TV and video work
- Working alongside an art director to help select photographers, illustrators, TV production companies and directors, models, cast and anyone else required in the production of final ideas
- Overseeing the production of creative output you have been involved in
- Proofreading work and ensuring that spelling and grammar is correct in all copy output
- Mentoring and managing the less experienced writers in your charge
- Imagination and adventurous creativity, with a focus on solving business problems
- Has a strategic way of thinking when working on an overall campaign
- The ability to generate a central core idea and translate it into effective messages across all specified media
- The passion and ability to write clear, persuasive and accurate copy to engage different audiences
- A fascination for people, communication and brands
- Inspirational and effective presentation skills
- Perceptive and proactive mentoring and management skills
- Your own opinions and the ability to communicate them with passion
- The personality of a team player who can work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Tenacity and resilience