We are currently seeking experienced Support Workersto deliver the highest quality of care and support to our service users in Bridlington and the surrounding local areas of East Yorkshire operating through our Hull Branch.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, choose your rota to fit around your life with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights to evenings and weekends. For a limited time receive free uniform and DBS when you join our team.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Your Supporting Role
Working as a Newcross support worker means you will be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing care that protects the dignity of our service users and is in line with their personalised care plan.
You could be caring for individuals with additional needs such as learning or physical disabilities or mental health conditions such as dementia, so a calm and caring approach will be required.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care, this means recognising the capabilities of each person and championing their needs. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
Previous experience in caring for those with learning difficulties and challenging behaviours is desirable.As a successful candidate you will benefit from
- Salary up to £14.06/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free Criminal record check (DBS)
- Free Uniform
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
Newcross Healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career.
It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.To apply to this role you will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.Your local team
Newcross Healthcare's Hull branch provides an array of highly qualified healthcare professionals to the region.
Based on the fourth floor of Norwich house, the branch is a short walk from Hull Paragon Interchange.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.