A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a highly reputable business based locally to Surbiton. The successful candidate will have solid credit control experience and had good working knowledge of Sage line 50.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Timely collection of sales ledger debts.
- Ensure payments are received by standing order where applicable.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity and Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
- Reconcile statements and allocate receipts as they come in.
- Verify receipts to cash takings control sheets.
- Checking customer's credit ratings with credit agencies as and when required.
- Send out customer statements and invoices for sales ledger in a timely manner.
- VAT reconciliation for parking bay and flat deposits.
- Respond promptly and accurately to both customer and internal queries and process refunds as and when required.
- Send out weekly debtor review reports every Monday.
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met.
- Banking of cash collections on a weekly basis.
- Assist with book keeping as and when required.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested by the Finance Manager.
- General administrative duties and filing.
- Assertive yet professional communication skills
- A positive and proactive approach to tasks
- Organisational skills, such as prioritising workloads to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good working knowledge of Sage line 50 and Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Microsoft Excel
Qualifications and Experience:
- Credit Control and transactional accounting experience
Please apply without delay to be considered for this exciting opportunity.