An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a Financial Controller to join our client a global name in their specialised field. As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for central head office Accounting, managing corporate overhead costs of the European HQ. Overseeing the monthly accounting, submitting annual statutory accounts into companies' house and reporting into Corporate HQ.
You will oversee the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to corporate. You will ensure financial statements are presented in accordance to GAAP. You will also oversee the annual JSOX audit and carry out any ad-hoc financial analysis to support business decision making as needed.
Your other duties will include:
- Consolidation accounting
- Improving current accounting processes
- Manage a small accounting team
- Liaising with expatriate tax advisors
- Preparing budget and forecast templates
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Accounting for non-routine corporate transactions
To be considered for this role, you must have/be:
- A fully qualified ACMA or ACCA (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in accounting and 3 years' experience of managing a team.
- Working knowledge and experience:
- GAAP and SOX
- HMRC tax topics, VAT, income and other
- Budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Experience in cost accounting and absorption accounting
- Effectively managing and leading staff, delegating tasks and authority
- Assessing and prioritising multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Analysing and evaluating accounting and internal control methods and financial reports
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining, general accounting and financial controls and compliance
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and equivalent ERP systems such as Oracle
- Ability to multi-task under pressure to meet tight budgeting and month-end closing deadlines
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills - the ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organisation from clerical to corporate executives.
The following would be beneficial to your application:
- Experience of working in a similar role and knowledge of tax accounting.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.