Online Trading Manager
For over 30 years, Dreams has been passionate about providing the perfect night`s sleep. As the UK`s leading bed specialist, the company is committed to providing the highest standard of expert customer service and advice, and offers an extensive selection of high quality products including mattresses, bed frames, divans, bedroom furniture and soft furnishings, many of which are hand-crafted in the UK at the Dreams Bed Factory in Oldbury, West Midlands.
Founded in 1985, and owned by Sun European Partners since March 2013, Dreams has more than 190 retail stores nationwide and a transactional website www.dreams.co.uk. Its head office - known as "Bedquarters" - is located in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. We also have our very own distribution network, making sure that our products are delivered to our customers in perfect condition, because your sleep matters.
At Dreams you feel trusted and valued. That`s what makes us different. It`s how we work as One Team.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional to take the reins of a newly built, class-leading Hybris omni-channel commerce site. Huge potential and scope to develop initiatives and grow revenue/market share within a fast-paced, forward-thinking and innovative environment
As the cross-functional link between commercial and ecommerce/retail teams; the Online Trading Manager will be focussed on optimising sales through digital channels. Able to influence and motivate across the business, you will be pivotal in driving continued growth, delivering on-going campaigns with a hands-on approach whilst proactively reacting to trading conditions.
This is a senior managerial position within the ecommerce team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering growth in a retail environment with ability to influence decision-makers and motivate teams.
- Strategic and tactical delivery of product/promotional activities on our market-leading new Hybris platform
- Report and evaluate the performance of promotions and offers using financial and web metrics
- Identify promotional/marketing opportunities and risk in trade plan and anticipate stock, margin and sales implications
- Monitor, report and respond to competitor activity including; promotions, pricing, price comparisons
- Analyse sales trends, competitor activity and use this to recommend appropriate action
- Optimise product through search & merchandising activity
- Liaise with merchandising to improve online performance through pricing action, range, reviews and promotional activity
- Working closely with our CRO Manager to test/trial improvements to drive sales and conversion
- Proven experience in a similar role gained within a fast paced retail environment
- Capable of managing, coaching and inspiring direct reports - a team leader
- Digitally savvy: Technical understanding and hands-on ability to manage and maintain product merchandising within ecommerce platforms, preferably Hybris
- Customer focused - ability to deliver excellence in digital retail experiences
- Analytical - analytics expertise - preferably Google Analytics
- Ability to use data to adapt commercial plans and exploit opportunities to and/or mitigate risk
- Collaborative consensus building both horizontally and vertically
- Commercially focused and forensic attention to detail in all areas (price/copy/creative/branding)
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Results focused and able to manage and prioritize workload efficiently
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 10% Discretionary Company Bonus based on Company and Individual performance
- 31 days holiday incl. Bank Holidays
- Onsite free car parking
- Onsite free gym
- A generous staff discount
- Childcare vouchers
- Life Cover
- Training and development
Dreams is truly a great place to work, where everyone collaborates as a team, and a place where we recognise and celebrate success.