Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
MULTI-SKILLED MOBILE MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL BIAS)
£14 - £15ph
To apply trade skills and experience to ensure the satisfactory completion of allocated maintenance, breakdown repairs, installation, new and refurbishment works.
Job description, Main duties & responsibilities:
- Apply relevant trade skills to any allocated jobs as directed by the Supervisor or Management
- Work alone with minimum supervision or within a team to carry out maintenance/repair of electrical services plant and equipment across the site. Work alone or as part of a team carrying out refurbishment and new works across the site
- To integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff and contractors
- Responsible for the safe operation, planned and reactive maintenance of all systems, associated plant/equipment installed throughout the site
- To carry out new works as required i.e. new works, refurbishment and work associated with backlog maintenance programme
- To respond promptly and efficiently to plant breakdowns
- To integrate and communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering and fabric maintenance functions including contractors
- To carry out portable appliance testing (PAT)
- To undertake training and qualify as Authorised or Competent Person for systems as required
- To undertake duties of training and supervision of M&E Operatives, Workers, Trainees and Apprentices as required
- To drive the company vehicle as required to meet the needs of the service
- On call required: 1 week in four on call
-Responsible for tools provided :
Hand tools to the relevant trades. Grinder, Screwing Machines, Percussion Drill. General hand tools as hammer, screw drivers. Safety equipment e.g. extinguishers
Specialist skills / Qualifications
- City and Guilds / BTEC National Certificate in Operations & maintenance
- Engineering(4312)/NVQ2 or equivalent in a relevant Electrical Discipline essential.
- City & Guilds in Fitting No.587 and Gas Arc Welding or equivalent
- Gas Safe Registration
- City & Guilds Electrician BS236 Part 1&2
- City & Guilds Electrician BS7671 Part 3
- Valid formal Health & Safety Qualification e.g. IOSH, CoSHH
- Effective planning, organising and prioritising of allocated work.
- Initiative and judgement to resolve minor problems independently
- Basic understanding of relevant policies and procedures relative to the role, and the quality outputs and standards required
- Minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship or recognised training scheme experience in the relevant trade
If you are immediately available and have the specified essential qualifications and experience do not miss out and apply now! Apply via submission of your CV in reply to this email.
For more info or a confidential chat about the role contact Calan in our Liverpool office on 0151 255 2260
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81701297