End User Computing Team Leader
Part of a FTSE250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
About the Role
In this role you will effectively lead a team of End User Computing Specialists and Analysts. You will be responsible for ensuring the EUC team are capable and meeting or exceeding expectations in regard to customer satisfaction, team behaviours and performance; achievement of defined service levels, metrics/benchmark, KPIs and that standards, policies and processes are followed to meet business requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement and service quality through automation, root cause analysis, self-service and knowledge base growth to both reduce incident volumes, lead time for EUC builds and resolution time for service requests with consistent documentation and good practice.
- Manage, maintain and patch core endpoint and supporting infrastructure critical to core business operations.
- Improve team effectiveness and efficiency through process optimisation, task automation and use of appropriate toolsets.
- Identify, champion and facilitate transition of appropriate 1st line tasks / service requests / operational monitoring into appropriate 1st line. Involvement in IT projects to transition new services into production support.
Leading our People
- Lead, engage and motivate the EUC team to deliver business objectives.
- Build capability of team by supporting and coaching through effective performance management practices.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members as well as conducting monthly 121's with all team members, ensuring these are documented in line with HR policies.
- Monitor and improve colleague performance against success factors, agreed SLA's and departmental KPI's
- Act as an escalation point for all service delivery impacting issues and faults to production services.
Delivering our Numbers
- Increase user satisfaction levels by achieving team targets.
- Production of daily, weekly and monthly Service Support KPI's to report to IT Service Management
You will also play a role in managing our risks and having a customer centric approach.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous Team Leader experience in an IT environment, leading staff, motivating, developing and managing performance.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and the ability to remain calm, but assertive in difficult situations.
- Highly organised, with the ability to plan for short- to medium-term objectives, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experienced with supporting a wide variety of business customers with a wide range of technical ability.
- Strong discipline for creation of technical and process documentation.
- Extensive experience of incident, problem, change and release processes and working to SLAs.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft based technologies and applications including: Office 365, Exchange/Outlook, Office 16, Windows 7 -10, Active Directory and group policy
- Experience of Windows Client deployment methods and 3rd party deployment tools for client images.
- Related degree qualification or equivalent or relevant industry experience.
- ITIL Foundation or Intermediate certificates
- Understand the requirements of an FCA regulated business.
- In Depth Knowledge of Microsoft end user technologies.
- Experience in any of the following technologies is most advantageous; Endpoint protection, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007, SCCM, SNOW.
- Working knowledge of networking - enterprise LAN, VLAN, WAN and sub-netting
- CompTIA A+, HDI , CCNA
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
25 days annual leave increasing with service.
Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
Provident is one of a select group of forward thinking organisations that have signed up for the National Equality Standard NES. The NES provides a cultural assessment through the lens of diversity. It looks across all 9 protected characteristics set out in the Equality Act 2010 to ensure true inclusion in the workplace. The NES adopts a pragmatic & holistic approach to EDI and achieving it will enable Provident to showcase our business as leaders in this field.