PR & Social Media Executive
PR & Social Media Executive
Reporting to: PR & Communications Manager
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
As part of the Marketing team, the PR Executive will support the PR Manager in the day to day running of external PR campaigns, supporting the creation and development of first-class PR programmes that drive consumer engagement. You will use your creativity and marketing ingenuity to maximise our business growth.
It is essential that you have strong understanding of media, communications, wider marketing channels, and effective execution. You will have an abundance of enthusiasm and energy with real tenacity to deliver great results.
- Liaising with the media for proactive and reactive media requests
- Researching, writing and selling-in press releases and gift guides to target media
- Supporting the delivery of PR campaigns ensuring they are supported by other marketing channels
- Working with the design team/content agency to create digital content pieces to optimise SEO
- Planning and implementing PR strategy along with the PR & Comms Manager
- Sourcing and managing speaker, sponsorship, media and partnership opportunities
- Creating and maintaining the content calendar for PR and Social Media
- Day to day management of our social media platforms
- Working with the wider business to collate information to write industry award entries
- Liaising with the Buying team to understand products to promote based on business need
- Using media monitoring platforms to keep track of and analyse coverage
- Sending regular coverage updates to the business and providing monthly reporting on coverage
- Keeping on top of competitor activity, media landscape and news stories
- Arranging and co-ordinating experiences for press/blogger reviews
- Helping to organise and attend press/blogger events and being a spokesperson for the brand
- Managing admin tasks including sending vouchers for reviews, competitions and features
- At least 18 months - 2 years’ experience at PR Executive level in-house or agency side
- Experience of digital PR
- Knowledge and experience of social media
- Existing contacts and relationships with lifestyle press and bloggers
- Experience of developing and delivering a communications strategy
- Excellent time management skills and knowledge of media deadlines
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for campaigns
- Strong English language and writing skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to build great relationships with the media
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- PR degree/ qualification
- Experience of using Gorkana/Cision
- Experience of using Social Media scheduling and reporting tools
Due to the volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Buyagift Plc is a highly profitable specialist e-commerce business with a turnover in excess of £30m. Buyagift was acquired by Smart&Co in 2009 and as a result is now part of a group with Global annual revenues in excess of €350m and presence in over 20 countries in the world.