FIX Specialist - Finance - £57k
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm's business model or data. That's where my client come in.
Within the client connectivity and integration services, they help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, they enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With their track record in delivering hosted solutions and their understanding of customers' needs, they believe they're uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
Due to significant expansion - and huge opportunity, they're growing the team. In this role you'll provide application, connectivity and integration support to our expanding client base across both the buy side and the sell side.
You'll be part of a Global service team, supporting a large variety of connectivity between Bloomberg and external systems. You will also be managing technical messaging standards which include SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg API. Additionally you'll provide post trade technical support and integration for order management systems (AIM, TOMS and SSEOMS) and open integrated work flows between them and their clients 3rd party systems.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide Client Production Support to customers in EMEA for connectivity and technical issues. This is a client facing role so communication and customer services skills are paramount
- Service our client base showing high degrees of professionalism and recognise the criticality of our clients businesses and workflows that integrate into the firm.
- Develop an understanding of our People, Processes and Technology and what we do as a business firm wide
- Train and educate our customers with our tools and technologies to promote our products and solutions to the consumer
- Show enthusiasm and initiative and be ready to take on both a challenging and rewarding placement
We'd love to see:
- A Computer Science background
- Order Management/Trading Systems/Trade workflow experience (Buyside or Sellside)
- Understanding of front-office, middle-office and back-office workflow
- Insightful grasp of how system integration and technology can improve and build solutions in the Trading Space
- Fluency in an additional European language as well as English
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in technology and express a desire to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
- Exposure to UNIX and WINDOWS operating systems is desirable
- Experience of messaging and connectivity protocols FIX, MQ, SFTP, TCP/IP, XML, SWIFT