Hotel Security Officer - Crawley (Fri/Sat nights 20 hrs)
Hotel Security Officer
Established over twenty years ago my client operate across the United Kingdom and Europe with their head office based in West London and a regional office situated in the north of England. They work with high profile personnel, the hospitality sector and leading blue chip organisations across the UK providing professional security solutions and services. Their contracts/sites are in the hospitality sector, with many in the budget hotel sector. These sites can on occasion require strong conflict management skills and please note these roles are not concierge roles you will always be busy as they could be single manned sites although support is always just a call away.
They are currently looking for candidates with 4/5 years security officer experience to work in a hotel in the Crawley areaFriday and Saturday nights, with a shift pattern of 2100-0700 shift.
First impressions matter, so an excellent presence/air of authority and strong customer service skills are required. For this role candidates need to be the holders of at minimum a SIA Door Supervisor licence and ideally a full UK driving licence. Personality wise candidates should have strong communication, customer service and diplomacy skills with the ability to recognise potentially difficult situations and how to proactively manage them (including whether to call the mobile team or escalate the response to bring in the police). Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required along with ability to use IT equipment (including writing reports and responding to communications in a timely manner. Timekeeping and reliability are a must. The client prides themselves on the in-house and on the job training they provide and their induction training program sets out the code of conduct and standards that are to be met as a minimum requirement for all employees and forms an essential part of their training process.
Please note this is a self employed position so you will be responsible for your own tax and national insurance. They are happy to consider candidates who have another job during the week as long as there are no conflicting issues that means your ability to undertake the role to the required (high levels) is compromised.
Brief resume of requirements
- Ability to write up resume of issue within a report - tick boxes, fill in details, resume of issue
- Ability to operate as part of a team when necessary
- Ability to assess situations and to negotiate and deescalate a situation
- Follow all company and client policies as directed
- Quick response to all communications from company
- Use of emails, phones for urgent contact and instruction
- Flexibility of area within reason and to operate on another site as directed -location of abode will be taken into account
- Over 25 years of age ideal - due to insurance should they be required to operate on our patrol vehicles
- Full driving licence preferable but not a necessity as have static sites but preferred
- Presence required but ability to work and present themselves with a customer friendly focus - ie most is within hotels but not concierge style role
- This is an active role ie security will be standing for duration undertaking floor walks to check for issues ie illegal substances, noise, smoking etc
- Checking the front of house and bar
- Whilst work in within a hotel they will be dealing with full array of issues that may be encountered elsewhere ie groups who party at the clubs will be potentially returning to hotel and continue to party -alcohol, drugs, aggression etc (would rather give a worse case scenario to ensure they are not expecting a concierge sitting on a chair rote - as this is not)
- Upholding all client policies
- There will be an on-call supervisor for duration of shift to ask questions if needed.
- Induction will be given to cover all policies and requirements with back up handbook
- Black suit, white shirt and black shoes are required and provided by guard
- Client will provide black company tie, company high viz and ID to be worn at all times
Pay rate £9.00 (with a future review subject to satisfactory performance)
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
To apply for the role of Hotel Security Officer, please click APPLY now and send CV.