Subcontract Programme Manager
Subcontract Programme Manager
Would you like to be responsible for managing/developing procurement contracts as well as have input into the contract strategy? Well we currently have a vacancy for a Subcontract Programme Manager at our site in Barrow in Furness.
As a Subcontract Programme Manager, you will be responsible and have accountability for managing the procurement phase of each contract including participating in the development of the Project Contract Strategy and reviewing the need and proposed procurement route for all Project Contracts. This will include ensuring that the procurement programme for each contract is aligned to the Build Delivery Schedule and that adequate time is allowed for an effective procurement process leading to signature of contract
This role will provide you with the opportunity to have input and develop the overall contract strategy for the business as well as providing wide exposure both internally and with various customers/suppliers.
Your main responsibilities as a Subcontract Programme Manager will involve:
* Successfully creating, amending and deploying Supply Chain Procurement Strategy to support the Submarine business objectives
* Successfully creating and deploying through-life of perpetual Continuous Improvement programme to improve overall performance of Procurement activity within Supply Chain
* Negotiating, drafting, agreeing and supporting Contracts and associated Agreements that provide a commercial framework within which the business can deliver world class capabilities to the Ministry while minimising risk and maximising shareholder value
* Ownership of the procurement plan, to include both the programme demands and to ensure the activities support the required on contract dates
* Developing continuous improvement of best in practice "ways of working" for the successful operation of procurement & contract management principles
Your skills and qualifications:
* Pre and Post Contract Experience
* Procurement Strategy Experience - Contract Selection/Strategy
* Experience of managing a procurement and contract delivery team
* Good Contract knowledge - Contract Interpretation/guidance
* Excellent Communications and Stakeholder Management Experience
* Previous experience operating at a programme level
What we're looking for in you:
You should have excellent communication skills, being able to build relationships with senior stakeholders. You should be able to work collaboratively with the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
Location: Barrow in Furness
Salary: 60,400.00 + Commensurate with experience, Relocation and competitive package.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.