1 year EMEA Finance Intern - Leading Spinal Medical Company - Uxbridge
K2M is a global medical device company focused on designing, developing and commercialising innovative and proprietary complex spine technologies and techniques
An opportunity has arisen for a 1 year finance internship working in the UK head office.
· Working with the EMEA finance team, this role would be suitable for a sandwich course student who is keen to be exposed to international accounting and inventory control support and with added remit of general administration duties for the UK office to ensure its effective and efficient operations. A knowledge and understanding of accounting is a pre-requisite.
· Working with multinational teams across UK, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Spain and the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Month end finance duties to ensure meet NASDAQ listed company requirements
· Liaison with EMEA company credit card users ensuring expenditure is monitored, supported and reported to strict deadlines
· Ensuring all credit card claims via concur are accurate and treated correctly for VAT
· Liaising with K2M US as required
· Assistance with month end / quarter end requests
· Assistance with requests from both external auditors and SOX auditors as required
· Cover for Accountant as required
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Finance Director, EMEA
Inventory Support – dotted line report to Inventory Analyst – 25%
· Working with the Inventory Analyst support and attend cycle counts both in UK office and hospital sites throughout Europe
· Identify and resolve inventory issues to support customer services throughout Europe
· Cover for Inventory Analyst as required
· Ensure all incoming invoices are entered into Purchase to Pay system on a regular and timely basis
· Liaise with 3rd party queries as and when required
· Ensure all supplier agreements are at best market rate and initiate preferred supplier rates –including but not limited to taxis, hotels, alarm, utilities
· Ensure all invoices and other correspondence effectively filed – both hard copy and soft copy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Studying for Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification
· Must be highly productive, efficient and able to work well under pressure and when meeting deadlines
· Must be able to work independently
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks
· Requires flexibility for travel
· European languages advantageous
· Ability to communicate with and advise management at all levels on essential duties and responsibilities
· Strong communication skills allowing for the development of effective relationships across all levels of the company
· Must possess innovative problem solving skills and strong analytical abilities
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standarisation exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Must possess comprehensive PC skills, including proficiency in Excel
· Familiarity with Oracle and JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) databases and software a plus
· Familiarity with Cognos Business Intelligence and Financial Performance Management software a plus.
This job was originally posted as www.milkround.com/job/81840437