Human Resources Assistant - Fixed Term
1. To work with the other HR Assistants on the College’s Recruitment and Selection process including; placing of adverts, responding to enquiries, co-ordinating shortlisting, interview arrangements, appointments, contracts, inductions and the setup of new starters.
2. Maintain the HR recruitment system ’Vacancy Filler’. To update the HR team of ‘Vacancy Filler’ changes and updates and to train Managers on the process of shortlisting as and when required.
3. To update the SHRBPs on a regular basis regarding advert placements ensuring they are cost effective and worthwhile. To provide the Executive Director HR recruitment information in order to prepare reports for the Executive Team and Governors.
4. To ensure all aspects of recruitment run smoothly liaising with applicants by email, telephone and face to face. Prepare all interview paperwork for managers, assist with interviews as required, obtain references and prepare pre-employment packs.
5. Organise Corporate Inductions for new staff with the other HR Assistants ensuring relevant managers attend when required.
6. To keep the Recruitment and Selection Policy updated and to inform the SHRBP of any changes.
7. Support the SHRBPs with setting up of new job descriptions using the job evaluation process ensuring new staff are appointed on correct salaries.
8. Prepare letters and contracts associated with new starters for signing by the SHRBPs.
9. Prepare letters relating to probation and leavers referring any matters of concern to the relevant SHRBP in a timely manner.
10. To work flexibly as part of the HR team undertaking a range of office duties as required.
11. To take notes of meetings as and when required.