Insurance Investment Accounting Technical Manager
Leadership and Management (where applicable)
* Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
* Co-ordinate change and business deliverables.
* Work closely with the Reports and Accounts and Data Warehouse managers.
* Understand scope and complexity of client change requests and implement where required.
* Contribute to the development of new products and services.
* Ensure that clear guidelines and procedures are in place for new developments/processes created.
* Provide oversight of ledger and reporting deliveries from multiple Centres of Excellence
* Act as a help point for the support and issue resolution of ad hoc queries from the clients and Centres of Excellence
* Where required, participate in client service meetings, providing MI and KPIs as well as error reporting.
* Communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues, through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
* Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
* Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
* Communicate change requirements from UK to offshore locations
Risk and Compliance
* Be aware and understand the risks inherent within the department and the potential effect of non-compliance and take appropriate corrective action
* Be aware of and ensure that both internal and external regulatory and audit requirements are met
* Understand and adhere to compliance procedures
Self Management/Personal Development
* Manage own time and activities effectively setting an example through good housekeeping and time management
* Take responsibility for personal development and training.
* Keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes affecting the business.
* Ensure knowledge of State Street global products and systems is kept up to date
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
* Employee Handbook
* Internal Procedures Manual
* Accounting Standards
* Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
Part or Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
Level Of Education:
Business degree from University or equivalent / relevant market experience.
Previous Level Of Experience:
At least five years experience of working in the Insurance reporting environment or similar.
SkillsKey Critical Skills / Behaviours as defined by the PPR system:
* Leverages Knowledge and Technology - Advanced
* Takes Ownership and Initiative - Advanced
* Drives Execution - Advanced
* Provides Outstanding Service - Advanced
* Demonstrates Confidence & Adaptability - Advanced
* Fosters Collaboration & Teamwork - Advanced
* Promotes a Performance Culture - Advanced
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81782848