Control Systems Engineer
To build PLC software from standardised components to the requirements of the Functional Design Specification. To test the PLC build against an emulation model. To commission the PLC build on site, and support the installation and commissioning teams as appropriate.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To Proactively report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and near misses and to become part of the extra ordinary safety culture and help promote the "Home Safe Everyday" campaign.
- To present and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To be supportive and respectful to others at all times.
- To contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
- To Establish and maintain good communications (written and oral) with others at all times.
- The preparation of complete designs for complex low-level control systems, including sketches, reports and other required documentation in accordance with company procedures and project requirements.
- Preparation of functional design specifications for complex low-level control systems.
- The design, development test, and onsite commissioning of PLC software control components and implementation builds, in accordance with company procedures and project requirements, using industrial automation solutions. The majority of this work will be carried out using Siemens S7 technology in Simatic Manager and TIA Portal, and utilising the different programming languages within the S7 software.
- The analysis and solution of engineering problems of varying complexity which arise in design, build, test, installation and commissioning.
- The specification, evaluation and selection of control equipment.
- Have a positive approach to working on customer sites and willingness to work outside of normal hours including night shift, or (less likely) weekends, when necessary.
Essential experience required:
- Experience of producing software for Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs and latest generation processors.
- Experience of producing software for PLC based control systems.
- Experience of commissioning PLC based control systems at customer sites.
- Have worked with ProfiBus and AS-I networks, and associated devices
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.