FCTM Data Analyst/Scientist
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a FCTM Data Analyst/Scientist, based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
The role holder will be responsible for the identification, acquisition and analysis of data used by FCTM to assess and analyse financial crime and reputational risk for all of the Bank’s clients. This will require close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and FCTM analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors. They will increase in quality and coverage of the data contained in the FCTM Technology suite, smooth implementation of data enhancements following testing and carefully planned change management and will be responsible for IT development activity progressing to schedule with Risks and Issues identified and reported.
The role holder will be identifying and driving data enhancements to the FCTM Technology suite to drive greater global operational effectiveness and increase the return on investment, exploring existing data structures to identify missing data, duplicate data and data sets that can be joined together to provide an enhanced intelligence picture. They will be developing and maintaining strong and productive relationships with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders and working in a new and developing department and using technology without precedence in the wholesale banking environment.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Good organisational skills ideally with project management experience;
- Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas;
- Scripting/macro development or similar programming skills;
- Experience with data transformation;
- Sound understanding of data types and be fluent in data query language (e.g. SQL);
- Strong relationship management and persuading and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- The ability to quickly identify solutions to complex problems;
- An interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
- Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies (desirable)
- Experience with database performance optimization (desirable)
- Experience/knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk (desirable)
Closing dates for applications 11th July 2018