My client, a local authority based in Leicestershire are looking for a Planning Officer to join their Development Management team. You will be joining an expanding team with a variety of new projects in the borough, and you will be given the chance to work with some exciting developments.
You will be joining a growing team who are looking to expand their staffing levels by adding new members of staff to handle householder and minor applications with the view to moving onto more complex applications in the future.
Duties for the Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications
- The processing of planning and related applications, including giving advice on their submission
- Conduct site visits
- Provide any information relating to land and property to professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and planning agents and members of the public.
- Provide statistical and performance information, letters and reports in connection with the planning application process
- Maintain electronic application files by scanning and indexing plans and correspondence
- Representing the council at committee when required
To be succesful for the Planning Officer jobs, you will have previous experience handling planning applications and be able to demonstrate a competent working knowledge at interview. You must also hold a full, clean drivers licence and have access to your own vehicle.
The client will be looking to pay between £25-33 per hour for the successful Planning Officer applicants and would be looking for candidates to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!