Head of Digital Applications - Banking
Head of Digital Applications - North London
We are recruiting for a Head of Digital Applications for a global Financial Services Organisation based in North London. This role has been created for a talented Head of Applications to join the IT Senior Management team. The candidate will be required to plan, co-ordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the organisations business and digital applications development function.
With this challenging position the candidate will be managing multiple development teams supporting different products / lines of business and taking the lead on defining and executing the applications strategy aligned to the IT strategy for both business and digital applications keeping abreast of new developments and emerging technologies.
Responsibilities of the Head of Digital Applications:
- Provide valuable input to the Multi-year IT Strategic plan including the required roadmap and annual budget
- Collaboratively work with varied IT leadership across the business
- Be highly responsible for the portfolio of Software Development projects
- Develop and implement robust approach to support for Applications
- Introduce and develop new services / applications into BAU
Skill set and Background required for the Head of Digital Applications:
- Must have prior Financial Services / Banking experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in application development with proven experience at Head of level
- Excellent Technical understanding of Banking applications including cloud and digital based applications
- Be able to liaise and manage relationships with stakeholders and external parties
- Experience leading application teams
- Agile methodology preferable
The Head of Digital Applications role is based in North London, however there may be the option further down the line to offer flexible working.
The Head of Digital Applications will pay a salary of between £90,000 - £100,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits. Salary is dependent on experience and background plus a location allowance of £2350 per annum + car allowance.