Job Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: salary is dependent on experience - up to £25,000 per annum
Hours: 8.30 - 5pm Monday to Friday
We have had a fantastic opportunity arise for a talented Buyer to work for a leading e-commerce business who are experiencing year on year growth.
You will be supporting the purchasing manager in the purchasing of a wide range of products that is within the company’s catalogue of 000’s of products lines.
Your role will see you purchase products for stock but also for customer demands and specific requests so the ability to source new suppliers and products is essential
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Purchasing products in line with company requirements
- Sourcing new suppliers and negotiating prices, delivery schedules and product ranges
- Resolving problems and issues arising from purchase of products
- Managing an understanding of each supplier’s capabilities and current capacity
- Processing requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement products
- Maintaining current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. deliver dates, pricing, change orders)
The successful applicant will possess:
- Previous experience of Buying / Purchasing / Procurement within a fast moving multi product environment would be ideal
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good decision making skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
Working hours are 8.30 - 5pm Monday to Friday
For more information about this position and to apply, please either contact Steven or by sending your CV and a brief covering letter about why you feel you are suitable for this position.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.