Engineer - Days
My Client is focused solely on producing fresh prepared food, which is one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world. Their core market is the UK and if you shop in any of the UK major grocery retailers you are more than likely to have bought one of their products.
We are currently have a number of new opportunities available to join a well established engineering team where the successful candidates will be able to learn and expand their knowledge.
Reports To: Engineering Department Manager
Package: £40,291 per annum, 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, Flexible Benefits package - purchase additional holiday, discount with retailers, discount purchase of car, low interest loans etc, Private Healthcare after 5 years' service
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 0830 - 1700, 37.5hrs per week - however hours are required to meet the needs of the business, some weekend work may be required.
- Health, Safety and the Environment - Maintain safe working practices during the course of all engineering works. Ensure engineering work or building services do not adversely impact the environment.
- Reactive Maintenance - Complete reactive maintenance activity as required
- Proactive Maintenance - Completes proactive maintenance activity as scheduled.
- Continuous Improvement - Devise and implement creative solutions to costly, time consuming or repeat maintenance tasks
- Personal Development - Take responsibility for personal development.
- Cost Control - Ensure value for money, cost effectiveness and priorities are considered when making decisions.
- Communication & Team Work - Maintain effective communication between self, engineering and site teams. Work as one team.
- Engineering Systems - Understand and use the engineering systems to effectively manage, record and review activity.
Determining Success In Role
What will the individual be expected to deliver in the first 3/6 months?
Effective co-ordination of PPM (Plan preventive maintenance).
Understanding of engineering workloads and the ability to feedback and respond to engineering requests.
Understanding and use of agility engineering system.
Establish relationships within the team and other departments.
What will the individual be expected to deliver in the first 6/12 months?
Fully integrated member of the engineering team showing a full understanding of the engineering systems and able to respond to and deal with engineering issues within the factory.
Demonstrated improvement in equipment reliability.
Well established relationships within all departments
Knowledge & Skills Required
Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds or equivalent, ONC or HNC preferred in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
Deep understanding of fault finding analysis and correction. To assist with the development and improvement of equipment reliability through effective PPM execution and design out techniques.
Involvement with small projects.
Preferably an engineering environment within the food industry or automotive industry or similar.
Positive attitude, able to work as part of a large team and with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels.