Assistant Financial Controller
Heyland Recruitment are working alongside this market leading specialist manufacturing organisation on the outskirts of Warrington as they look to recruit a part qualified Assistant Financial Controller in to their head office finance team. This is a newly created role due to the growth of the organisation and the successful applicant will be required to provide effective and flexible hands on support to the wider finance function.
- SAP management and delivery of Sales, Purchase & Banking month end close process.
- Reconciliation of Aged Debtors & Creditors Reporting.
- Accruals and Pre-payments journals.
- Overheads cost analysis.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations support.
- Inter-company reconciliations.
- Fixed Asset Register update and depreciation journals.
- VAT/ Intrastat/ EC Sales.
- Preparation in support for budgeting & forecasting.
- Preparation in support for Fiscal & HMRC audits
- Raise/Match P.O.s in line with procedure.
- Check coding and authorisation of invoices.
- Resolve supplier queries.
- Processing payments - BACs/ ACH/ Priority payments.
- Producing Purchase Ledger statement reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Sales order invoicing.
- Credit control/ Resolve Customer queries
- Process inter-company recharges invoices and maintaining recharge schedules.
- Commercial billing support.
- Posting bank payments and receipts.
- Maintaining bank file and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Daily reconciliations of company bank accounts.
- Maintaining petty cash and reconciling at month end.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Checking and verifying expense claims, journals, payments and update of schedules.
- Cost analysis & journals.
Required Skills / Attributes
- 1-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/ year end close process.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, receivables and maintenance of general ledgers.
- Excellent SAP & Microsoft skills required.
- Payroll processing knowledge - preferable, not essential.
- High levels of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data.
- Good organisational skills with excellent time management.
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.