Market and Competitive Intelligence Director
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious senior level executive. Our goal is to have best-in-class market and competitive intelligence capability and ensure it is a strategic advantage for our organisation. Reporting to the Head of Customer Insights, you will play a leading role in a high performing team. You will lead efforts to provide the organization with an indispensable view to the competitive landscapes
Functional and Technical Competencies
- A creative and strategic thinker who is degree qualified with 5 to 10 years in competitive or market intelligence, competitive positioning or market development role
- Personable, with strong influencing skills that can be used to build partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable reading and using financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements).
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills, able to balance multiple complex projects at once and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at senior levels of the organisation and able to present insights in a compelling fashion. A perfect command of both written and oral English is a pre-requisite.
- Hard-working, methodical and organised with strong attention to detail.
- Very comfortable preparing and presenting presentations. Sensitive to design and displaying complex information in a visually compelling manner.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Has a proven ability and expertise in insight generation that extends over 8 years in market research (preferably with agency experience) with deep expertise in quantitative research. Has a good knowledge of statistics (including regression, factor analysis, ANOVA).
- Experience of designing, developing, and running research programs.
- A good knowledge of the health care sector, scientific publishing advantageous
- Very comfortable preparing and presenting to senior management. Able to convey complex information in a simple and visually compelling manner
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access (knowledge of SharePoint also valuable).
- A good understanding and experience of the Business-to-Business environment. A keen interest in science and medicine.