Index Licensing Commercial Analyst (VP)
Our high profile international banking client is seeking a highly experienced Commercial Analyst with deep Index Licensing expertise. This is a challenging and complex role which provides a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate.
Our client is an international consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management. Their goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting their stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Positioned within the Strategic Procurement function with specific reporting lines to the Market Data Management team this role is a unique opportunity to utilise your extensive Index pricing market knowledge, in-depth analytical skills and commercial negotiation experience, whilst working closely with a complex suite of stakeholders, managing and influencing those relationships. You will have a solid understanding of the commercial negation involved in the creation of an index and work closely with service providers across derivative product, data & research/redistribution licensing.
- Key contact for all index license related queries across all business areas including index product license coverage & rights
- Advise on the use of index data rights & use within applications and customer-facing portals
- Proactively manage index license contract negotiations, renewals and supplier risk management
- Strong knowledge of index industry, index-linked products & index industry trends
- Stakeholder management and daily engagement with desk heads & front office personnel and COO/Business Managers
- Continuous interaction with other Market Data Management teams (Vendor Management, Financial Management, Business Services, Strategic Tools, Programme Management)
- Cross functional working with Sourcing & Supplier Risk Management
- Regular evaluation of new index license requirements including interpretation of index licensor commercial models and their impact on the business
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policy Standards.
- Degree qualified, ideally in Economic, business, finance, technology or equivalent fields
- Extensive investment banking or financial markets industry experience
- Business-facing market data experience in a major financial institution with a solid understanding of index licensing and application to derivative/index-linked products
- In-depth commercial analytics, strategic supplier management, negotiation and contract management experience from complex organisations with demonstrable results
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills with robust relationship management capabilities.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.