Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high-calibre Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a cutting-edge, award-winning IT Solutions provider. You will have the chance to take ownership of the company's small infrastructure estate, and work closely with senior-level stakeholders on a range of exiting projects.
- Michael Page are representing a growing IT Solutions provider that have a global brand, but also a niche presence in the Midlands where they are growing organically.
- The business offer cutting-edge solutions with an IP focus across infrastructure and networking, as well as security, across a wide array of sectors, and have built up a lucrative client base of established FTSE100 businesses and expanding SMEs.
- The company are an award-winning business, and have a strong level of investment from group level, which has now put them in a position to ramp up growth through 2018.
- The culture is fantastic - very much 'work-hard-play-hard', and they have a unique 'family feel' where you feel part of a journey, rather than a number in a stagnant environment.
- The IT function is streamlined across Service Desk, Infrastructure and Business Applications, with an overarching IT Director. The Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer role will act effectively as a standalone position at this level, taking ownership of the Infrastructure estate for approximately 250 users.
- You will have responsibilities with high-level desktop support escalations from 1st/2nd Line, but the central focus will be on supporting and developing the server and networking infrastructure.
- The environment is predominantly Microsoft and Cisco based, and you will work with Windows Server 2016, Hyper V, as well as Cisco support of switches, routers and firewalls.
- In addition to the BAU side, the role will have significant project responsibilities across server, networking and storage, working closely with senior-level line managers, such as the IT Director.
- As an example of this, the role will evolve to gain Cloud-based exposure, as the company is looking at continued Cloud migration at their Birmingham site to stay ahead of the technological curve.
As the successful candidate for the Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer vacancy, you will be experienced at a 3rd line level in:
- Windows Server 2016.
- Hyper V.
- Active Directory.
- Switches, routers and firewall support.
£35,000-£38,000 + corporate benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81828037