Senior Highway Project Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Bedfordshire area for a Senior Highway Project Engineer to join a very busy team on a long-term contract basis, working on the design and implementation of a variety of critical highway engineering projects.
Working as part of a large in-house Engineering team, your role will primarily require you to undertake design work for large urban highways projects. Chartered or Incorporated status is desirable, though not essential.
Our client is particularly keen to identify someone with 3D design experience.
The rate on offer is negotiable depending upon relevant skills and experience.
* Significant experience in highway engineering, particularly urban junction design including design of roundabouts and traffic signal controlled junctions;
* Excellent understanding of Manual for Streets, DMRB, other national standards, best practice guidance, local standards etc.;
* Excellent understanding of the CDM regulations and their relevance to highway design;
* Excellent understanding of the risks associated with projects and effective ways to manage and mitigate risks.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D to carry out 3D highway designs is highly desirable.
* Knowledge and Experience in value engineering projects to achieve cost or time savings
* Ability to work to challenging and changing deadlines and workloads;
* Ability to work in a commercial and customer focussed way which achieves programmes, meets performance targets, generates and income for the engineering team and meets the council's corporate objectives.
By applying for this position you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage you wish to withdraw your consent please email us on
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please select 'Apply Now' to submit an application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81825884