My client a leading automotive business is looking to add an NPI Engineer to their team due to business growth. This is an excellent time to join the business with fantastic career opportunities.
Salary; Up to £35k plus benefits
Main Duties & Tasks
- ? Design the production process to meet the customer specification (capability and TAKT) incorporating SMED and Poke Yoke devices as appropriate.
- ? Creation of stage / process drawings using AutoCAD and also checking / approving stage / process drawings.
- ? Define the capital, tooling, gauging and product cost.
- ? Programme and operation of CNC turning, and grinding machinery
- ? Capex creation, completion and presentation to the directors as required.
- ? Providing assistance to operations if required and approved by the Advanced Engineering Manager.
- ? Set up and lead APQP teams for NPI involving all necessary departments inline with AIAG guidelines.
- ? Design using AutoCAD, oversee or outsource design of tooling and gauging.
- ? Create and maintain project / production plans from customer order to production handover.
- ? Liaise and visit customers in UK and abroad to discuss design for manufacture and other design / specification related issues.
- ? Co-ordinate machine trials and confirm process capability.
- ? Process customer and internal ECN’s for new products that have not been passed over to operations.
- ? Ensure that toolcards, standard operating procedures, setting instructions, etc. are created for new products.
- ? Ensure that SAP records are created (routing, bill of materials etc.).
- ? Create APQP documentation.
- ? Research and become familiar with new / innovative production processes / technologies.
- ? Fully conversant with AIAG core tools like APQP, FMEA and PPAP methodologies.
- ? Fully conversant with AutoCAD
- ? A sound understanding of metal cutting machinery and manufacturing techniques
- ? Innovative, visionary, willing to push the technical boundaries
- ? Technically competent and a good project planner / co-ordinator
Apply today to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81824387