33 Recruit are looking for a Registered Nurse to assist with the following Duties:
Assist with medication
Manage care plans
In-charge of home when manager not there
Must have REG Id
Dressing residents cuts etc
Nursing the elderly is preferred not essential
42-48 hours a week over four days
The Registered Nurse is to achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner though direct nursing care and effective supervision of staff. To contribute positively to the setting and development of measurable standards of care, and participate in the maintenance of standards. To maintain NMC Pin number.
1. To ensure that Service users physical and emotional needs, comfort and dignity are met and maintained and that care staff understand these needs and provide appropriate supporting care. 2. To take part in pre-admission assessments and deal with potential clients as requested.
3. To promote best practise within the care team in order to maintain high standards of care
4. To organise staff workloads by forward planning in conjunction with the off duty to ensure there is sufficient staff.
5. Take responsibility for Service users as designated by the Clinical Lead or Home Manager in their absence.
6. Report all ill health among service users and make requests for GP / Professional visits as necessary.
7. Carry out all nursing procedures efficiently and effectively and ensure collection of specimens that are required for analysis.
8. To participate in the quality assurance systems within the Home and The Company, and undertake audits and reviews as directed by the Clinical Lead or Home Manager.
9. To answer the nurse call system promptly, and provide assistance as required, and to ensure that all staff understand the need to respond promptly.
10. To provide nursing and personal care and attention to each Service user, and to follow the activities of daily living in accordance with the plan of care.
11. Ensure that the kitchen and other staff are aware of any special dietary needs of our Service users. Supervise the serving of meals, ensuring the special dietary needs of our Service users are met. Ensure that each Service user receives adequate diet and fluids and that weight and nutrition is monitored and assessed as required.
12. To ensure the safe storage, administration and recording of medication prescribed for Service users. To assist in ordering of medication and medical equipment as required.
13. To encourage and facilitate Service users to participate in leisure pursuits and maintain interests, to assist in ensuring their social and emotional needs are met.
14. To report and record the well-being of Service users, and to guide junior staff in recording, through practical guidance, training and support – to maintain an oversight of all recording.
15. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care, seeking medical and other interventions as required.
16. To work as a Named Nurse to a group of Service users, and work to ensure that the key worker system is functioning effectively.
17. To attend meetings as required by the Home Manager.
18. To encourage and facilitate Service users to participate in leisure pursuits and maintain interests, to assist in ensuring their social and emotional needs are met.
19. To work with the Clinical Lead in communicating information to the care team regarding any changes in procedures or working practises, and via observations and supervision of staff to ensure changes are embedded into practise.
20. To uphold all sections of the N.M.C. Code of Professional Conduct.
21. Ensure a clear concise handover report is given to all staff members at the end of each shift. 22. To ensure that personal equipment of service users is kept clean and in good condition to include items such as wheelchairs, standing frames, hearing aids and glasses.
23. To monitor and report any changes in service user’s physical or mental condition to the Clinical Lead and Home Manager, and maintain accurate records on all forms as required.
24. To immediately report complaints, concerns or safeguarding issues to the Home Manager and to immediately provide a written record of any such event.
25. To assist in the cleaning and maintenance of communal areas of the home, and ensure a safe 3 environment is maintained.
26. To direct and manage a team of staff, during the course of a shift to ensure that the home is run in a way which best meets the needs of the service users.
27. To supervise care and other designated members of the team to ensure they work effectively and as part of a team.
28. To promote the good reputation of the service and The Company. Ensuring that good relationships are developed and maintained with Service users, their relatives and friends, and all external professionals and outside agencies.
29. To promote and maintain good working relationships with all staff within the home, and to support conflict resolution, supporting a work’s atmosphere which promotes a high quality experience for Service users.
30. To be courteous and polite at all times, and to present a professional image, adopting a neat, tidy clean appearance at all times and wear the uniform as agreed by the company. To ensure the care assistant adopt this approach in the discharge of their duties.
31. To answer external telephone calls professional and relay messages efficiently.
Budgetary and Financial:
32. Ensure effective measures to exercise cost control at all times. Guide junior staff to ensure an understanding of the need to manage and maintain budgets ensuring that all commodities are sensibly conserved by all staff.
33. Ensure all the homes equipment is used according to the manufacturer’s instructions and are not mishandled and needlessly damaged.
34. To assist in mentoring or inducting/training of staff as required.
35. To participate in marketing activities as requested.
36. To ensure a viewing room is suitably presented and odour free at all times (unless the home is full).
37. Ensure the home is attractively presented, odour free, at all times. Training and Development: 38. To actively participate in the process of supervision, seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth.
39. To assist in the identification of training needs or development requirement for the staff team. To provide instruction to junior staff on aspects of person centered care and recording.
40. To observe standards of practise delivered by the care staff and through role modelling, demonstrate, coaching and support ensure corrective action is taken as required, to ensure excellent standards of care delivery.
41. To undertake induction training and participate in training programs which may be required to meet legislative or company requirements.
42. To assist in mentoring or inducting/training of staff as directed.
Health and Safety:
43. To uphold the home’s security and safety precautions at all times.
44. To comply with regulations in respect of Health and Safety at work, COSHH, Environmental Health, 4 Health and Social Care Act, Fire Procedures and any other relevant legislation. Reporting promptly any risks identified.
45. To remain awake during working hours.
46. To maintain confidentiality at all times.
47. To check duty rotas and report actual hours worked.
48. To cover colleague duties in times of sickness and holidays as required.
49. To be familiar with and abide by the companies policies and procedures, working practices and to report any non-conformance promptly in an appropriate manner.
50. To be familiar with and comply with the terms and conditions, and employee handbook.
51. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the home, and to promote and maintain the health and welfare of our service users.
52. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence and to keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical practice. Ensure a portfolio is maintained to reflect updates and knowledge as required by the N.M.C.
53. The job description indicates only the main duties of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.Company DescriptionOur Employees are the forefront of our Business! We are only good as the candidates we source