Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
£40k-£45k per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a small, tight-knit team of PR and CEO reputation specialists. Based in Soho, they have an incredibly niche offering, and there are just fifteen of them - and they don't want to grow much larger. But they need two more people - hard-working, highly motivated self-starters who can take responsibility, deliver results and work at an intense level, often for long hours.
They don't do 'regular' PR in the sense of corporate or consumer PR. They look after the CEO only, doing their personal PR - positioning them as a thought leader on the global stage, getting them keynote speaking opportunities around the world, making introductions to the most senior journalists/editors, arranging feature interviews, creating and running their social media profile and blog, writing articles, speeches and presentations etc. They also work with Family Offices, managing and controlling the personal and business exposure for individuals.
A significant portion of activity is not strict PR, and may involve turning their skills to helping secure investment, company acquisitions/disposals, extending a client's professional network, or building strategic sales partnerships for their companies in the UK and internationally. All executed behind the scenes.
They look after them as a 'person' too - coaching, advising, and acting as a 'sounding board' - generally 'being there' for whatever they need. Their services work alongside, and build upon, their existing corporate media team. They are not publicists and they are not their press office.
This service is something really new, very niche, and wholly bespoke. They never get a brief. They tell clients what they need to do, and then make it happen. They rely on us 24/7.
They are ambitious and highly motivated individuals. Everybody in the company is a self-starter, flexible and comfortable working with very little guidance. Due to the nature of the work, they operate at an incredibly fast pace and thrive when working to very tight deadlines. They often work unsociable hours including weekends and are happy to share responsibility for all tasks.
Our ideal candidate
We're looking for someone to drive the social media strategies for a range of our clients and to create inventive and engaging content to match. As such, we are looking for people who:
- Can take full responsibility for a number of clients developing their long-term strategies for a variety of clients with varying needs
- Can create meaningful KPIs, with ambitious targets - and then over-deliver
- Are incredibly hard working - driven, energetic and highly ambitious
- Are highly proactive and able to work to exceedingly tight deadlines
- Are prepared to work, or be available to respond, at unsociable hours including weekends in order to deliver top-quality social media results for clients - this is not a 9-5 job
- Can work in a team, knows how to deliver to a set of clients and client leads and share responsibility for all tasks - we need team players
- Are independent thinkers with fresh ideas and the ability to implement them with little guidance
- Are personable, approachable and highly organised - we like a good sense of humour too!
- Preferably have at least three years' experience in social media delivery for clients or brands
Our ideal candidates would have worked for high profile individuals or brands and are aware of the benefits and pitfalls of social media in such situations
We would also prefer those who have gone through the white heat of a social media reputation crisis, even if it was their fault (!). It's the only way to learn sometimes
Tasks and responsibilities
- Create social media and platform strategies for our clients, working through the client leads
- Develop and deliver implementation strategies for those clients, building engagement and organic reach
- Create and deliver engaging content in a variety of formats
- Create company-wide KPIs for social media which are ambitious - and then over-deliver
- Create crisis response procedures for any reputational issues for our clients
- Develop long-term relationships with key figures in the major social media organisations
Closing date for applications: 8 July 2018
Our client is only willing to consider serious applicants who have taken the time and trouble to really look into whether they think this role is right for them. You can contact Birgit Berry at the Ortolan Group in confidence if you would like to understand more about this position before you apply.
No boilerplate applications will be accepted - please let us have a copy of your CV is you feel this role is for you and we will get back to you.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.