We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Year-on-year, we’re growing more and more rapidly. To help us maintain this, we’re seeking a savvy, motivated Finance Analyst to join our world-class Fulfillment & Operations network. We need you to function as the go-to source of business intelligence, as you help our busy Operations to continue working as smart as possible.
You’ll be joining one of Europe’s latest Fulfillment Centers. These facilities are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing business: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. Our associate teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
It’s in this logistics environment that you’ll teach us a thing or two. You’re the type of professional who knows how to spend time wisely, you sweat the financial details that matter, and you instinctively know which details don’t add value.
Finance Analyst responsibilities:
In your day-to-day, you firmly believe in the saying: "don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today":
· You’ll use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
· You’ll drive business improvements, while recommending cost reductions,
· Via root cause analysis, you’ll leverage extensive FC data to uncover any underlying process- or finance related issues,
· You’ll then assist your facility with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster site productivity,
· You’ll recommend, develop and implement policies and programmes that guide our Operations in maintaining (and improving) its competitive position and profitability,
· Lead the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models:
· You’ll take care of continuous innovation regarding your area of expertise, as you aim to improve your deliverables, while making them more readily accessible for everyone,
· You’ll work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion,
· As an analyst, you’re a quick thinker: able to manage competing priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
· BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
· You’ve gained significant, relevant experience in similar business analyst positions,
· Demonstrable financial acumen, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
· Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency in Excel; you’re comfortable with macros, pivots, lookups and more,
· You’re comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools
· Demonstrable problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis,
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented, you possess a strong business sense,
· You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect,
· Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in a fast-paced, high-growth environment,
· You’re a proven communicator, with excellent presentation skills when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority,
· Experienced with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos): you can provide recommendations for strategic decision-making,
· Previous analyst experience in the financial side of manufacturing, logistics or distribution centre processes is a nice to have.
We’re looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.