Assistant Payroll Manager
My client, a large international manufacturer, is seeking an experienced Assistant Payroll Manager for a minimum 6 month contract. This is an exciting role that would suit an individual who is looking to secure a busy role within a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, duties will include:
- Collating and checking timesheets, calculating overtime, sickness and holidays
- Input, prepare and process payroll information
- Responsible for assisting with 4 monthly payrolls and 3 payments runs (c300 people)
- Preparing new starter and leavers information and collating details
- Managing employee records including absence and holidays
- Submissions to HMRC
- Preparation of payment files, BAC's and pension RTI data
- Assist with yearend payroll and statutory reporting
- General payroll administration duties
- Manage and resolve queries
The ideal candidate will have solid payroll experience, ideally doing multiple monthly payrolls. You will be a strong communicator, have good attention to detail and be able to drive improvements. You will have a good understanding of payroll legislation, be IT literate and the confidentiality requirements around it. You will be a team player and ideally available to start on short notice.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance, Supply Chain, HR and IT recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.