Hours: 3 shift pattern, 39 hours p/w (Days/Afternoons/Nights)
Benefits: Basic Salary £34,250, bonus, profit related pay, attractive pension, life insurance, private health insurance
Our business partner is a paper based speciality coating company. They operate a leading international Coating and Converting company. With over 100 years experience in this market, they have developed an outstanding reputation for making security based paper products. They are employee owned, this means that everyone in the business has the opportunity to contribute to, and benefit from, their success. Their ambition is to create a business whose people are driven to
continuously improve and to innovate and where partnership is at the heart of how they work every day with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Respond to breakdowns and maintains site wide electrical systems at plant to minimise engineering downtime and improve plant efficiency.
* Conduct all electrical engineering activities safely and professionally, ensuring compliance with current legislation and company policies and procedures at all times.
* Conduct planned maintenance, breakdown and statutory checks as required.
* Liaise with the Engineering Manager and/or coordinator to prioritise workload and ensure adequate resources are made available to resolve issues.
* Working as part of engineering team on site, focussed on keeping engineering downtime to a minimum, prioritising tasks to meet business needs.
* Ensure reports are completed at the end of each shift, logging completed work and flagging issues for incoming shift via electronic logs and an engineering CMMS
* Be prepared to work additional hours to cover emergency situations.
* Own and initiate improvement projects
* Control contractors; induction and permits, ensuring safe and compliant work on site.
* Work within the company health, safety and environmental policies ensuring permit to work and isolation systems are employed where practicable whilst working on electrical systems.
* Ensure that all electrical equipment can be safely isolated in accordance with legislation and good engineering practice.
* Be prepared to operate on a call out system to attend electrical faults outside of normal working hours.
* Participate in a range of business related projects and processes both engineering and non-engineering related.
* Technical fault finding skills
* PLC interrogation skills
* Ability to work from electrical drawings
* Excellent computing skills
* An understanding Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems
* Administration and use of a CMMS
* Knowledge of general continuous improvement principles
* PLC programming capability
* ONC Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Recognised apprenticeship trained
* BS7671 17th Edition Regulation qualified
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81766221