Principal Planning Officer
My client, a growing Cambridgeshire based Local Authority are currently recruiting for a Principal Planning Officer to join their team within their new and exciting upcoming shared service.
The Principal Planning Officer vacancy will see you taking a hands-on, lead project role dealing with large scale major and strategic applications and related matters. You will be joining an exciting, expanding New Neighbourhoods team, which is a strategic sites team who deal predominantly with large-scale major planning applications including EIA development and S106s.
Duties for the Principal Planning Officer role will be:
- Use knowledge of planning legislation to provide pre-application advice and clear guidance to applicants and agents with the submission of planning applications, including high-complexity cases
- Supervision of Planning Officers and other members of the team
- To lead the preparation of evidence and act on behalf of the Council as the expert planning witness in planning appeals. This is including public inquiries, hearings, public examinations and high court proceedings
- Taking responsibility for resolving high-complexity strategic planning projects, planning applications and development consent orders, managing projects through the process of conception through to conclusion
- To prepare reports and deliver presentations on planning issues associated with highly complex development projects and proposals
In order to be successful for the Principal Planning Officer vacancy you will need to have a minimum of 3 years' experience working with large scale major applications and be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge of this at interview stage. You will also need to be a car driver with access to a car.
The client will be looking to pay between £35-45 per hour for the successful Principal Planning Officer and would be looking for somebody to start as soon as possible. Ackerman Pierce will guarantee you weekly payment, as well as a personal consultant that you will be able to meet and work with. Please contact Ollie Melton if you have any questions regarding Town Planning jobs nationwide!