Advanced Practitioner - Adoption Team
We are looking to recruit a Advanced Practitioner in the Adoption Team within Havering. The successful candidate will be working in a well-structured, organised team who are growing their social worker staffing levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a stable working environment with experienced leadership, whilst receiving regular supervision and training opportunities. London Borough of Havering ensure that their social workers have as much support as possible, helping them to keep a really good work life balance!
The responsibilities of the Advanced Practitioner includes:
- Ensuring that the Prospective Adopter's profiles are completed to a high standard
- Liasing with the Adoption register
- Providing post approval support to Prospective Adopters
- Preparing and supporting Prospective Adopters
- Assisting prospective adopter's to interpret information about children and their needs
- Assisting prospective adopters, to make informed choices relating to a possible match with a child, and obtaining comprehensive relevant information about the child on behalf of Prospective Adopters, or supporting the sessional social worker in these tasks
- Attending linking and matching and planning meetings with the Prospective Adopter(s), the child's agency and other relevant parties
- Assisting the Prospective Adopter(s) to express their views about the Adoption Placement Report
- Supporting Prospective Adopters at Adoption Panels
- Supporting the adopters post placement or supporting the sessional social worker in this task;
- Completing Annex A reports
- Attending Consortium Exchange meetings
- Supervising staff
To ideal candidate will have:
- HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Social Work qualified (MA/BSc/DipSW/CQSW/MSc/BA)
Working with Ackerman Pierce you will be guaranteed weekly payment and access to continued profession development, including a dedicated consultant to support you through the interview and on boarding process. The position offers a long contract within a stable supportive team with a great location and excellent transport links as well as being close to central London.
To discuss this vacancy or any similar vacancies we currently have available in London, please email your updated CV or contact Carmen Thong for more information.