SAP Data Migration Consultant (LSMW)
This is an excellent opportunity to play a part in a large scale SAP roll out due to run until 2018.
Purpose of Role:
The SAP Data Migration Consultant will be responsible for:
- Engaging with the business and the functional consultants to identify, on the basis of the data required in the new system and the source of that data in the legacy environment
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to assess the quality of the source data
- Provide a means of capturing data that does not exist in legacy; align the system and non-system based source data structures to that of the target system; and load it ensuring that it is aligned to the six industry-wide recognised data quality dimensions of Completeness, Conformity, Consistency, Accuracy, Duplicates and Integrity.
The successful delivery of the new ERP solution is dependent on the migration of data from the existing diverse transaction systems landscape into the centralised target SAP ECC platform.
Basic Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least four full lifecycles within the data migration function of a major SAP programme
- Demonstrable skills in the specification, development and testing of data migration tools based on SAP LSMWs and BusinessObjects Data Services
- Excellent client engagement and communication skills in written and verbal English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with the minimum of supervision
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Senior Data Migration Consultant within the Enterprise Business Intelligence & Data Service to support the ERP Data Migration Strategy
- Participate in the analysis of functional requirements to identify what data is required from the legacy systems landscape
- Be able to articulate the data migration process to non-technical members of the business community and guide their subsequent participation as required
- Specify, design, build and test appropriate data migration tools using LSMW or BusinessObjects Data Services
- Load cleansed and enriched data into the target test and production systems across the SAP landscape
- Produce and maintain all related documentation
- Interact with other stakeholder groups including the project functional team, site team and data governance organisations
Location: West London