Our 5 strong finance team are key to making sure everything runs smoothly in our Bath business, and we are currently able to offer an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to take responsibility for overseeing the accounts receivable and payable ledgers. You will also ensure the completion of daily payments and proactively work with the business to ensure debt is collected and allocated in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities are:
- Complete daily payment runs to our suppliers, refunds to customers and process expenses.
- Assume overall responsibility for our accounts receivable and payable ledgers, ensuring they are accurate and up to date at all times, supporting the finance assistant in doing this.
- Assume full responsibility for the fixed asset ledger, ensuring postings are appropriate.
- Play an active role in month end, taking responsibility for accruals, prepayments and the balance sheet reconciliations for the AP and AR ledgers
- Work proactively with the business and our clients on debt collection and problem resolution
- Work collaboratively with the Cyclescheme product manager to ensure the end of hire collections process is working effectively and provide management information on this. (Cyclescheme is an employee benefit that saves you 25-39% on a bike and accessories.)
Essential experience and attributes are:
- Working knowledge of MS office to include excel
- Experience of working within an accounts environment
- Excellent working knowledge of AR and AP ledgers and associated double entry
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- An engaging personality, being friendly and positive in outlook
- Diligent with strong attention to detail
- Strong time-management skills
- Passionate about exceeding customer expectations
It would be great if you were studying AAT at level 3 or above, but more important to us is that you are able to work in a high volume fast paced environment and that you comfortable with all ledgers, having carried out transactional roles yourself.
Please note that you must be a UK resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Desirable SkillsAbout Company
Blackhawk is a prepaid payments network, a market leader in card-based financial solutions, and the largest provider of third-party prepaid cards. Among other activities, the company develops and distributes prepaid products in easy-to-use formats, such as gift cards, and delivers them to over 165 million consumers each week through a network of retail partners. Blackhawk, through its Achievers platform, is also one of the world's leading providers of Employee Success Solutions, allowing employees to be recognised and rewarded for their efforts.
We have over 20 benefits for our employees to take advantage of, over and above our industry benchmarked salaries and these include:-
Life Insurance, Pension, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay. You get 25 days holiday on commencement of employment and you can buy up to 5 extra days a year. We also offer 3 additional days if you are getting married and you can support the charity of your choice with 2 volunteer days.
We offer private medical insurance and employee assistance programmes.Through our products you can save money on your childcare, your bikes, cinema tickets, dining out, days out and your weekly shopping.