Technical Solution Architect
About the Role
The Solutions Architect will be required to take responsibility for the technical architecture in major solution design assignments, shaping, designing and proposing compelling technical solutions to meet customer needs.
The role of Solutions Architect will be varied and demanding and will see the appointed candidate working across the business to make clear recommendations for Technology solutions, ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be comfortable working within a large complex architect enterprise.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates will have knowledge of some if not all of the following;
* Proven design experience with large enterprise IP networks, able to create low level designs including configuration templates and/or code fragments.
* Demonstrable experience as a lead design authority within the delivery of large complex IT systems with both a financial and engineering functions
* Experience in managing the work allocations of a team of ~5 Network Solution Architects, working with resource requesters to maintain a resource demand pipeline
* Demonstrable understanding of IT systems within a multi supplier outsourced/devolved organisation
* Experience in developing and maintaining reference architectures and knowledge of infrastructure architecture and design including, enterprise class networking
* Knowledge of IT Quality Assurance processes
* Knowledge of ISO 27700 and PCI-DSS security standards
Candidate will have a proven experience of some if not all of the following;
* Extensive experience and knowledge of Data Network technologies
* Proven experience in MPLS technologies (VPN, VRF, PE, CE)
* Detailed understanding of local, metropolitan and wide area networks.
* In depth and practical experience of IP internetworking, ATM & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, LAN routing, LAN Switching, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless and Security
* A full understanding of Networking Protocols, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, TCP/IP
* Experience of structured cabling systems, including traditional telephony and building data cabling systems to approved standards
* In-depth knowledge of 3rd party vendors such as Cisco / Nokia / Juniper / HP / Brocade
* Conversant in industry standards, IPV4 Subnetting, VLANS, OSI 7 Layer Model, WLAN fundamentals.
* Security knowledge in terms of firewall configuration, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention technologies.
* Solid and recent senior experience and knowledge of Network Technologies
* In depth experience of designing networks in both general and specialised domains including Data Centres, intranet, extranet and secured internet facing zones
* CCIE certification is preferred but is not essential.
Other Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
* Proficient at use of standard computer packages
* Exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills
* A 'can do' attitude and a proactive approach with the flexibility to use experience and knowledge across the entire business to develop the department in line with achieving objectives in a changing environment.