Business Analyst Commodities Trading - 6 Months - London
Business Analyst Commodities Trading - 6 Month Contract - London - £700 per day
Keywords: Business Analyst, CTRM, Energy Trading and Risk Management, European Energy Market, Derivatives, Commodity, ETRM, London, Energy, Oil, Gas, Power, Metals, Previous Metals, Implementation, Greenfield,
Harrington Starr are urgently recruiting for a Business Analyst who is required to work for an innovative commodities trading project for a client based in London.
Our client is embarking on a 3 year programme where they will be developing a bespoke commodities trading product that will enable them to trade commodities on the exchange and parallel system to handle Over-The-Counter trades. The product solution will cover Energy products Oil, Gas and Energy and also Metals and precious metals.
The contract will initially be 6 months, but the successful applicant will be expected to last the duration of the project.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience of commodity market fundamentals and physical operations for Power and/or Natural Gas/LNG.
The role is a wide and varied one but some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Capturing client requirements and documenting a functional solution
- Ensuring that the solution functional specification are consistent with best software analysis, design and implementation guidelines
- Configuring the technical solution to match the solution design
- Oversee testing of the specific work stream
- Supporting the development process
- Work with the in-house support, QA and development teams to help drive the platform's usage.
- Advising developers and technical staff on business context
- Continuously review processes and product documentation and improve software expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Excellent Understanding of the European Energy Market
- Knowledge of trading commodities via exchanges
- Previous experience of the Energy/Commodities industry (Commodities, Gas, Power, Oil etc) and/or Commodities knowledge in Metals and Precious Metals
- Knowledge of Energy Trading, Refined Products, Energy Risk Management (ETRM), Commodities Trading Risk Management (CTRM)
- Full product development life-cucle (SDLC)
- Strong analytical skills
To be considered for this role you must have experience in a Front Office Business Analysis capacity, within an Energy/Commodity Trading environment (ETRM/CTRM) working with the physical trade of gas and gas operations.
If you are the right Business Analyst position then please send your CV. This is an urgent position and a quick turnaround is expected. You will be working for a dynamic and forward thinking organisation.