Underwriting Analyst - Personal Lines - Bolton
Fantastic opportunity to join the underwriting department of an established, but quickly developing personal lines, broker focused business in Lancashire. Working with a business where employees and customers are always at the core of their values and practices, you will be offered excellent opportunities to develop and progress your career, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
This is a new role within the underwriting team, where your role will be to strengthen, and take forward their analytical capabilities. As an underwriting analyst your key focus will be utilising insurance price comparison models to aid the delivery of strategic objectives, sourcing and controlling the company's databases and access to vital market intelligence, and undertaking market analysis of competitors, market trends, and overall performance.
Working with regional brokers, you play a fundamental role in utilising data to make profitable commercial decisions, and meet key business objectives.
Your duties as an underwriting analyst will include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitor and report on the results and trends of other insurers including those offshore with the regularity of their report releases
- ABI data - analysis and interpretation including update of existing models
- Peril database analysis and updates (flood, subsidence etc) and change recommendations
- Data enrichment output control and analysis
- Responsibility for Business Insight price comparison software analysis and outputs
- Solvency reporting of other insurers including those offshore with the regularity of their report releases
- FCA returns reporting of insurers
- Attend market seminars and disseminate content internally
- Contribute to maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Identify new sources of data that is available for purchase or on-line through Government statistical websites etc
- Continually reviewing internal systems meet the need of the business and available output is relevant and up to date
- Create new databases that meet the departments requirements
The Successful Underwriting Analyst
I am looking for an experienced underwriting analyst, or somebody with analytical experience within the general insurance sector.
It is paramount that you have demonstrable experience with Access, as well as being a very competent Excel user (both will be tested at interview stage). It would also be highly beneficial to have used the insurance data software Sequel as well.
You must be a clear and confident communicator who is able to make sense of large sets of data, make recommendations based on this, and have excellent problem solving skills
What's on Offer for the successful Underwriting Analyst
Competitive base salary depending on experience, coupled with an excellent benefits package and bonus.