Chemists (Inorganic & Organic)
Chemists (Organic & Inorganic)
We are seeking an Inorganic Chemist and an Organic Chemist to join one of the UK's leading suppliers of chemical testing of environmental samples, mostly soils and waters.
Operating from a purpose-designed testing laboratory in County Durham, you will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of samples using various different analytical techniques.
For the Inorganic Chemist role, analytical techniques include ICP-OES, ICPMS, IC, Skalar and TOC/DOC, in addition to various wet chemistry techniques.
For the Organic Chemist role, analytical techniques include GC-FID and GC-MS, both with headspace and liquid injection.
Our client has a reputation for speed, reliability and accuracy. This means calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting equipment forms an integral part of the role alongside maintaining stock levels, placing orders and general good housekeeping duties.
To qualify.Your CV should demonstrate:
- That you are educated in a chemistry related discipline with hands-on work place experience using similar techniques;
- You are self-sufficient and able to thrive in a high throughput environment;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and have a good eye for detail.
Experience of working in the environmental and/or contract laboratory sectors would be advantageous, as would knowledge of UKAS accreditation.
In return you can expect 24 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, Perkbox, salary sacrifice schemes and much more.