Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Process Manager - Alconbury
One of the UK's most progressive and innovative FMCG Companies is looking to recruit a Customer/Supply Chain Manager to establish and implement an appropriate logistical and operational plan for the business. The company has a world-wide supply base, best in class manufacturing facilities and services predominantly the UK market.
This is a key appointment for the business and will require a person who has a demonstrable record in Supply Chain Management in the FMCG sector. The person appointed will be responsible to ensure delivery of products on time and in full and for leading all activities relating to supply chain to ensure that they meet business needs by timely and cost-effective means.
The candidate will introduce best practice into the business and will lead the modernisation of existing processes, information technology and the development of teams to deliver challenging on-going targets for the business.
They are looking for someone that has the ability to be hands on whilst being able take a step back and assess the bigger picture when required. As a result, experience in a similar role is critical along with an in-dept commercial understanding of the UK retail sector and demonstrable experience in getting an understanding of Customers needs and translating them back into the business. It is expected that the successful candidate will play a key leadership role within the Group.
- Lead the Customer/Supply Chain Functions Including Sales Order Management, Production, Planning, Warehousing & logistics, and order fulfilment.
- Understand the Supply chain requirements of their customers, ensuring full integration and compliance.
- Educate and support the Sales Team, providing support on contract negotiations to ensure optimum efficiency of performance.
- Champion a culture of operational excellence and empowerment. Promote continuous improvement, including sponsorship of programmes such as Lean Six Sigma;
- Plan, execute and monitor the supply chain, including planning, supply, storage, packing and distribution
- Integrate the supply chain function into the business and drive it to being an added value service function
- Design, Develop and implement "World Class" Supply chain processes across the business
- Build and develop successful customer relationships
- Ensure management and control of costs and budgets through the Supply Chain team; identifying opportunities to minimise cost, maximise value and improve Service
- Promote customer and delivery relationships targeted at improving lead-time, quality and delivery performance as well as reducing cost
- Develop business systems to meet and exceed critical paths and where required provide pro-active solutions to key site issues
- Manage the ERP system to create critical, relevant and timely information to the business
- Support functional goals and initiatives, through KPI performance measures