Financial Crime Analyst
Financial Crime Analyst
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum depending upon experience
Location: Head Office, West Bromwich
The Society is currently recruiting for a Financial Crime Analyst to join our Financial Crime team to carry out analysis and investigation of activities relating to Financial Crime which will include reviewing alerts, both investment and Mortgage, produced by the Transaction and Fraud Monitoring software.
At the West Brom you’ll have every opportunity to take the next step and keep moving: we’re well known for providing excellent development support and always promote from within wherever possible.
• Investigating referrals made to Financial Crime by staff as well as dealing with legal requests made by Law Enforcement Agencies and Government Departments
• Maintain a working knowledge of regulations relating to Financial Crime
• Investigate suspicious activity alerts and referrals and analyse the information to determine if there is any money laundering or fraudulent activity
• Prepare financial crime reports as required
• Provide a point of contact for Financial Crime related issues and give advice and guidance to third parties
• Delivering Financial Crime training as and when requested
• Identify areas of weakness in current procedures and make recommendations for improvements
• Assist and liaise with other financial institutions, the Police and other Law Enforcement Agencies on investigations on various matters
Skills & Attributes
• Current experience of working in financial crime related work, ideally with a minimum of two – three years within a financial institution would be desirable
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong organisation skills and effective time management
• A willingness to work towards a relevant qualification (if not already held)
• Confident and professional individual, highly motivated and be able to work in a team or under own initiative
What’s in it for you?
• Performance related pay scheme
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Corporate discounts
Inspired by the Society’s Vision and Values, it’s not just what we do but how we treat our colleagues and customers that makes the people at the West Brom really stand out from our competitors.
*Please note – We reserve the right to withdraw our adverts earlier than the original published expiry date, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible*
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81643999