An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join an international manufacturing organisation within their Chesterfield based office.
Supporting the Purchasing Manager the successful candidate will coordinate the purchase of materials, services and Supply Chain activities to ensure production flow, schedule commitments and quality standards are met.
Previous purchasing experience within a manufacturing sector is ideal and a Professional Diploma in Purchasing & Supply (Level 4) or similar would be advantageous.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Raise Purchase orders
- Work to maintain departmental KPI's
- Ensure compliance with quality procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental procedures.
- Maintain processes and controls in the areas of margin/cost and purchase, price variance control, supplier quality, supplier on time delivery
- Supports Operational Excellence initiatives through the use of inventory management tools and strategic sourcing
- Works with the Purchasing Manager to proactively and routinely drive spend analysis activities identifying strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to proactively implement countermeasures to unfavourable market trends and missed performance objectives
- Work with Purchasing Manager to automate and streamline current materials and supply chain procedures to maximize the contribution to the overall corporate strategic and business goals.
- Responsible for complaints and resolving problems - all in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure smooth flow of information.
This is full time permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday - 37 hours a week
Free onsite parking is available
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation who offer real opportunities for career progression and development within a team focussed environmentBy applying you will register as a candidate with Adecco. Our Privacy Statement explains how we will use your information.