Training Manager Social Care
We're looking for a Training Manager to join my client who is an outstanding rated provider of care and support services to people with neurological and complex needs. You'll need experience of delivering training within health and social care and some supervisory / management experience too. The Training Manager is responsible for organising and developing training, both statutory and also in specialist areas. You'll be predominantly based from their site in Hinckley but with occasional travel to their other sites. Alongside a competitive basic salary, the Training Manager will be rewarded with business mileage paid at 40p per mile and a nest pension.
Each service within this portfolio has been cleverly adapted to allow them to offer tailor made care packages for each and every resident. The beautiful character buildings are carefully placed within central locations in order to offer excellent transport links and community facilities to include; shops, restaurants, cafes', libraries, a leisure centre and much more.
The Training Manager Position:
This is a very varied role however your primary duties will include, but are not limited too;
- Take responsibility for the company training department, overseeing a couple of trainer's within the business
- Plan and organise training for staff in health and safety areas such as; Fire Safety, Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, First Aid, COSHH, POVA, Mental Capacity and any other relevant areas depending on the needs of the business.
- To oversee the completion, and logging of the Care Certificate, capturing the progress of each individual and ensuring its completion. To keep the Registered Manager and Deputy Manager up to date regarding each staff members progress on an as required basis.
- Work closely alongside the occupational therapy team in order to help develop specific and individualised training courses
- Plan and execute training material across the business, making sure all content is relevant and up to date
- Ensure each staff member has a comprehensive training file
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social as minimum and a training qualification such as PTLLS /CTLLS /Train the Trainer /NEBOSH / IOSH qualified
- Experience of working as a trainer within a health and social care environment in order to hit the ground running straight away
- Good working knowledge of current legislation and health and safety
- Experience of previously managing a team or experience within a supervisory role within health and social care
Interested? To be considered for the Training Manager Role please send your CV to be considered for immediate interview
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.