Payroll Administrator (Finance)
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to work as part of the payroll team to deliver high quality payroll services for schools.
The role will involve payroll related tasks associated with new appointments, contract variations and leavers, as well as maternity leave and HMRC Statutory payments e.g. SMP, SSP, etc. You will support the administration of external customer pension schemes, including annual returns.
There will be regular communication with payroll customers via email and telephone and dealing with any payroll queries. You will ensure the payroll database is regularly updated and undertake any administration duties.
- You must hold experience of working in a HR, payroll or finance team
- High level of numeracy demonstrated by either GCSE grade C or above in Maths, or an equivalent qualification
- High level of competence in use of software packages commonly used for processing data e.g. Microsoft Excel
- Ability to process information accurately, methodically and efficiently
- Ability to organise own work to meet tight deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work confidentiality, with tact and discretion
- Must be proactive and take responsibility for getting things done
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
If you would like to apply, please send your CV by the closing date of 31st May 2018.