Sessional Tutor - Law
Part-Time; Fixed-Term Contract
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc. is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Japan through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, we provide expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support. We provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
Established in 2013 and operated in partnership with Bournemouth University (BU), the College offers programmes designed to prepare international students for entry to BU. The College recently moved to new purpose-built premises, which are co-located with a student residence and restaurant on BU’s Lansdowne campus.
We are recruiting Sessional Tutors in Law to join our team at Bournemouth University International College, who can bring their subject alive for students from up to 50 countries around the world. You’ll be teaching students on our Foundation programme with a particular focus on the subject area of Law.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of modules in one or more of the following subjects: Law and Business Law, to students on programmes offered by College. The College offers Foundation Certificate (RQF Level 3) and Pre-Masters (CEFR Level B2) courses and you may be required to teach on either of these programmes. The post will be of particular interest to candidates who enjoy working with international students and in a student centered environment.
Your main responsibilities:
- Teaching across Law, Business Law modules to international students studying on programmes offered by the College
- Develop and implement a range of innovative teaching methods including Technology Enhanced Learning that engage and meet the needs of all students
- Develop and implement a range of enrichment and enhancement activities that raise students’ aspirations and achievements using relevant industry and academic networks
- Module Coordination role for a designated number of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students
- Liaising with relevant academic departments at the host university to ensure academic standards are met
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE).
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Management Team
You'll have the following:
- A demonstrable understanding of the particular needs of international students
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject or a related subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification or evidence of successful teaching experience
- Post graduate or further qualifications in the relevant subject or a related subject area (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching the relevant subject in post 16 education
- Experience of teaching international students (Desirable)
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching material including technology-enhanced learning resources
- Competent IT and record-keeping skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, statistical teaching packages, e-mail
Start Date: As soon as possible
This appointment will be subject to clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Employment is conditional upon successful completion of DBS and professional reference checks. Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.