Linux/Unix Senior Engineer/Specialist - Banking
One of the world's leading global investments banks is looking to hire a bright Linux/Unix Engineer to be a key player in the design, creation, maintenance and documentation of toolsets for assisting the linux / unix teams in their day to day production support activities and environment management.
Therefore the role is highly multidimensional and will include management of the O/S build, creating patch bundles & patching toolsets, defining build standards, all the while working very closely with Unix Engineering, internal audit & security, and the production support teams.
- Sound technical knowledge of Linux RedHat, Solaris (AIX experience is a bonus)
- Good core and associated networking experience: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, LDAP and SSH
- Strong Veritas (vm/fs/vcs/dmp) experience
- O/S patching experience
- Proficiency in scripting e.g bash / ksh
- Python Experience and exposure to automation tools and development
- Configuration Management Experience (CFEnging, Chef, Puppet)
- Estate Management activities e.g. creating patching tools, unix build related task, cross-platform tools etc.
This role will be heavily involved in problem and project management so would suit someone who enjoys handling multiple projects in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and taking ownership for their work both as part of a team and autonomously.