Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Salary: Up to £28,754 per annum depending on experience
Full Time, annualised hours contract
Location: Head Office, West Bromwich
The Society is currently recruiting for a Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join our Mortgage Underwriting and Processing team. The role holder will consider mortgage applications up to a designated authority level whilst protecting the integrity of the Society’s mortgage portfolio.
- Sanction mortgage referrals and applications up to underwriter level
- Obtain highest mandate available within underwriting department
- Apply mortgage mandate to mortgage applications and mortgage referrals against the Society’s policy and ensure that business reasoning and risk assessment is used for those cases that fall outside policy in order to protect the Society’s mortgage book
- Ensure offers are produced correctly with regard to product clauses, sub account splits and valuation issues
- Approve all types of self-employed applications
- Maintain service standards
- Maintain first class customer service with minimal complaints
- Provide support to junior/new underwriters
- Act as a referral point for complex underwriting queries and cases
Skills & Attributes
- Experience in a related financial environment exercising a Lending mandate
- Ideally three years minimum practical underwriting experience and possess a current lending mandate
- Full CeMAP qualifications would be desirable
- General understanding of current mortgage products
- Ability to make decisions based on an assessment of risk and policy
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy towards customer
- Strong organisation skills and effective time management
What’s in it for you?
• Performance related pay scheme
• Funding and assistance for a professional qualification
• Opportunities to develop and progress within a forward looking team
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Corporate discounts
At the West Brom you’ll have every opportunity to take the next step and keep moving: we’re well known for providing excellent development support and always promote from within wherever possible.
*Please note – We reserve the right to withdraw our adverts earlier than the original published expiry date, therefore if you are interested please submit your application as soon as possible*
Inspired by the Society’s Vision and Values, it’s not just what we do but how we treat our colleagues and customers that makes the people at the West Brom really stand out from our competitors.
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81469742